Soil (Geotechnical) investigations are performed to obtain information on the physical properties of soil and rock around a site to aid in the design of earthworks and founda
tions for proposed structures and for repair of distress to earthworks and structures caused by subsurface conditions. A geotechnical investigation will include surface exploration and subsurfac
e exploration of a site. Sometimes, geophysical methods are used to obtain data about sites.
Prior to the start of any soil (geotechnical) investigation, the main objectives to the current investigation should be defined and what this investigation aims at finding. In general,
the purpose of the soil investigation is to get detailed information about
- Order of occurrences and extent of soil and rock strata.
- Nature and engineering properties of the soil and rock formation.
- Location of ground water and its variation. Presence of any underground aquifers.
- Presence of any underground anomalies or cavities.
- Geophysical and seismic properties of soil.
In order to attain the above, proper planning of the exploration should be carried out based on previous experience within the area. However, in general, the soil exploration is based on the following:-
- Nature of sub-soil
- Type of structure
- Importance of structure
- Previous problems within the area
- Parameters required
GEOTILL with its experience within the Midwest region has been involved on various major projects and primarily known for problem solving when it comes to Geotechnical Investigation. With our crews and different kinds of drilling rigs and one off-shore drilling platform (Barge) as well as Geophysical equipment and in-situ testing equipment we are capable of tackling any type of terrain and sub-surface to present proper and comprehensive engineering and geotechnical findings. GEOTILL operators and drilling crews are compliant, properly trained and have received drilling accreditation. The services provided by GEOTILL in the fields of Geotechnical and Geophysical Investigation as well as Environmental and In-situ testing are, but not limited to, the following:-
- Off Shore Drilling
- Percussion Drilling
- Rotary Drilling
- Cone Penetration Tests
- Diagraph Drilling
- Electrical Resistivity Tomography (ERT)
- PS Suspension Logging Test (Shear Wave Velocity)
- Pressure-meter Testing
- Packer (Lugeon) Test for Rock
- Gas Monitoring
- Installation of Piezometers (Water Table Monitoring Wells)
- Environmental Sampling & Testing
- In-situ Tests
- Electrical Resistivity of soil
- Thermal Resistivity of soil
- Plate Load Test
- Zone Load Test
- Falling Head Permeability
- Infiltration Test
- In-situ CBR
GEOTILL also provides detailed engineering and technical services in the geotechnical fields which are, but not limited to, the following:-
- Liquefaction Analysis
- Slope Stability Studies