If you’re looking for ways to help grow your business, consider expanding your geotechnical services. By increasing the geotechnical services your company offers, you’ll be able to expand your current client base and increase your workload. To realize these benefits, you’ll first have to decide which geotechnical services you can offer, which you could offer more in-depth, how it would affect your current workload, and how it can increase your revenue.
What Geotechnical Services Can your Business Offer?
- Rental and sales of equipment
- Field exploration (soil and rock sampling, test boring, core drilling, electro-magnetic surveying, etc.)
- Site evaluation (for pavement/ sub grades, alternative site and route studies, definition of critical geotechnical parameters)
- Engineering analysis and design (slope stability evaluation, hillside grading recommendations, earth retaining structure design, earthquake damage analysis)
- Laboratory testing services (soil classification, shear strength, permeability, consolidation characteristics, resistivity)
Some of these services may be a more natural fit for your current business than others. However, it’s worth considering the environment your business is located in, as well as the environmental factors that have an affect on construction. This will help you to hone in on the services that are in demand.
Also research any potential competition in your area to see what they do or do not offer, and consider filling any void you discover. For example, if you notice a void in your area’s laboratory testing services, consider hiring an expert internally. Between the equipment and manpower you already hold, adding an additional employee may prove profitable.
If you’re not sure how to gauge demand in your area, consider who you could be marketing your geotechnical services to.
Potential customers include:
- Construction companies
- Manufacturing companies
- Financial institutions
- Federal, state and municipal organizations
With a little research and a keen eye, you may be able to spot some great opportunities to grow your business with expanded geotechnical service offerings!
Leave A Comment